You can enjoy this for lunch and/or dinner as a satisfying, colourful and nourishing meal. Perfect for guests, taking leftovers in for lunch, or just for you!
- Benefits: Energy balancing, digestive health, immunity.
- Serves: 2-4
- Prep Time: 10-15 mins
- Cooking Time: 20-25mins
- Put the oven on at 180°C while you prepare the squash.
- Scatter the cut squash in an oven dish, put in the oven to warm for a few minutes, then add the coconut oil (so that it melts!) to the squash and mix. Place the squash back in the oven for 20 mins until soft.
- In the meantime, drain and wash the quinoa. Place in a pan with 450ml boiling water, cover and put on a high heat until boiling (about 5 minutes), then lower the heat to midway for the next 15 minutes/ until the quinoa is soft.
- Toast the seeds in a frying pan on a low heat for a few minutes.
- In a separate bowl, add the washed lettuce or other leaves and chopped red onion.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together in a jar and shake.
- When the squash and quinoa are ready, add them to the bowl with the lettuce, mix together and pour the dressing over.
|1 medium squash, with skin, cut into ¾ inch cubes
Coconut oil 1 tbsp
Quinoa, soaked 250g
Pumpkin seeds 25g
Red onion 1, small
Lettuce/spinach/chard – a few handfuls
Apple cider vinegar 2 tsp
Olive oil 2 tsp
Tamari 2 tsp
Tahini 2 tsp
Ground ginger 1 tsp
Salt and pepper to taste